Commiphora Mukul (Guggal)
Botanical name: Commiphora mukul
Common Name: Guggal
Part used: Gums
- Rheumatism, obesity, and atherosclerosis. - In the treatment of arteriosclerosis it is useful in reducing existing plaque in arteries.
- "Guggul is the best among herbs that are used for obesity and Vata disorders." (Charaka Samhita, Sutra Section, Ch. 25) - Guggul for weight loss: In terms of obesity, Guggul increases body’s metabolic rate
- Guggul for Thyroid: Guggul improves thyroid function, increases fat-burning activity of the body, and increases thermogenesis or heat production.
- Guggul as cholesterol medication: Guggul helps to lower cholesterol and triglycerides. It has been shown to reduce total cholesterol up to 30% in 3 months.
- Guggul’s cholesterol regulating properties are especially important in reducing LDL by 35% and increasing HDL by 20% in 12 weeks.
- Guggul for Heart protection:Guggul decreases platelet stickiness and reduces risk of heart disease and stroke.